I recently got 3 pounds of strawberries for $2.00. CRAZY! Normally, a small pack ranges from $3.50-$5.00 at my local Ralphs, and it’s not even organic! So when I saw it on sale at the new Korean market nearby, I had to get it! This was my chance to make strawberry granita!
The ingredients are simple and you may already have everything on hand! I had my strawberries chopped up and frozen because I planned on making smoothies with them, but decided last minute that I wanted to make granita. I suggest that you use non-frozen strawberries so that your blender does not struggle too much.
This is a delicious frozen treat that is easy to make, so give it a try!
- 1 lb strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 (or less) cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- sprinkle of salt
- Blend together the strawberries, water, sugar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt
- Spread onto a plate or bowl and freeze for 45 minutes
- Grate with a fork and return to freezer for 30-40 minutes
- Grate again then return to the freezer
- Grate every half an hour until you get the texture you want
- ****If you don’t have time or are too lazy to return to the mix every half an hour, you can wait until it is completely frozen to grate with a fork****