Remember that side dish you always love at AYCE KBBQ restaurants? The one you have to eat slowly because they only give you one? Well now you can make it at home! Fluffy and creamy, this side dish is delicious with rice or even on its own. It’s easy to make and only uses a few simple ingredients that you might already have in your fridge. Let’s get started!
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (low sodium) *You can substitute with water or milk and an extra pinch of salt)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion
- Special tool: sieve
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat (I changed the recipe after I made it so there are 4 eggs in the picture)
- Strain egg mixture through a sieve
- Add chicken stock (or other liquid), salt, then mix
- Add green onions and stir (I also add cayenne pepper because I like it a tiny bit spicy!)
- Place your bowl into a larger pot filled with 1 inch of barely boiling water. Cover the bowl with the egg mixture with foil (just place the foil over, do not wrap)
- Lower your heat to barely on
- Cover pot and steam on low for 13-14 minutes, depending on how big your bowl is. You can check if it is done by gently shaking the bowl. If it jiggles but stays somewhat firm, it’s done.