MMMMMMMMmmmmMMmmMMM. One of the most scrumptious dishes EVER. And so simple and budget friendly. I found out about this dish from my friend who used a Crock Pot, but since I (and probably many others) don’t have one, I’ll write out a recipe using a regular stove. This dish is creamy, tangy, filling, juicy, and SO SO good and it kind of reminds me of Chipotle… It’s great for breakfast when you’re in a rush and you already have rice in the rice cooker. Just top it off and you don’t even need to heat it!
I admit…it’s not one of the prettiest dishes out there…but the taste is worth it.
INGREDIENTS: This dish makes about 4 servings
- 2 breasts or thighs of chicken (Any kind will do. Cook and shred)
- 1/2 can of beans
- 1/2 can of sweet corn
- 1/4 cup of any kind of salsa
- Cayenne pepper
- Cilantro (as much as you desire)
- Half a bar or 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Rice (optional, can top over other foods)
- Cook chicken or get rotisserie chicken and shred. I cut my chicken thighs in half and seasoned them with salt and cayenne pepper before boiling them in water for 15 minutes. Use a fork and pull the chicken apart into shreds.
- Rinse black beans and drain
- Add chicken, black beans, corn, and salsa to a pot and start boiling on medium heat
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Once it has been boiling for about 25-30 minutes, add the cream cheese and sour cream and mix in well
- Taste and season
- Once the liquid has thickened a bit, it is ready to serve over rice or anything else!
- HAPPY EATING!