I hope you are having a fantastic day!
This recipe is super fun to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients! Everyone I shared these with were very impressed by both the taste and the aesthetics of it!
Watch the video here!
- 3-4 Apples
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry (1 box. I used pie crust one time and I definitely like the puff pastry better!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Muffin pan
- Wash apple, cut in half, and core. I use one apple at a time so it doesn’t get too discolored.
- Slice horizontally into thin (not too thin!) slices
- Spread on plate and microwave for 45 seconds to make slices more flexible
- Melt butter and prepare cinnamon sugar
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 6 equal slices
- Roll out the strip of pastry puff so that it is almost 2 inches in width
- Spread melted butter and sprinkle with 1-1.5 teaspoons of the cinnamon sugar
- Layer apple slices letting the top of the apple go slightly over the edge of the pastry puff
- Fold up the pastry puff, add a drizzle of butter (and more sugar if you want), then roll
- Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar into the muffin pan and place your rose apple in it
- Sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top of the rose apples
- Bake at 375 F for 40-45 minutes. If the apples start to burn, lower the temperature to 350 until it is done baking. Pastry part should be slightly brown when it is finished.
I made these in mini muffin tins a couple of days ago because my mom wanted to give them to her friends and I thought it would be easier to eat smaller ones. They turned out great! They were more moist and easier to eat as well!
Using the same amount of pastry puff which yielded 12 with the normal pan, I made about 45 with the mini. I cut each third of the dough into 7 or 8 strips and used smaller apple slices. Let me know what you think! I added pictures below of the mini ones. 🙂