This dish is amazingly delicious and even the pasta sauce is made from scratch! It’s pretty easy to make and tastes like a restaurant pasta. No need to go to Maggiano’s anymore! Get ready WOW your mouth! 🙂
I’m including a lot more pictures from now on. Hope you like it!
INGREDIENTS for 1 Serving
- Angel hair pasta (or any other kind you like)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- small handful of raw shrimp OR as much as you want!
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cayenne pepper or crushed pepper (OPTIONAL)
Just in case you’ve never bought basil before, it comes in a packet like this!
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees
- Chop 5-6 cloves of garlic and mix into 2 tablespoons of olive oil. It should look something like this
- Halve the tomatoes and place them into a oven-safe baking pan with high edges so that the juices from the tomatoes can collect. IMPORTANT: *do not cut the tomatoes smaller than halves because it will dry out the tomato and you will not have enough liquids to make the sauce.* Place them cut side up and cover with a generous amount of the garlic olive oil. Sprinkle generous amount of salt and pepper on to the tomatoes.
- ***I have more than 2 tomatoes because I made more servings
- Place baking pan into the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, flip the tomatoes over and bake another 35-40 minutes.
- Peel the shrimp and fry pan them with some butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (optional). *You can add a little bit of lemon to the shrimp if you want to eliminate some of the fishy smell
- Cook the shrimp just until they are pink on both sides. You do not want to overcook them because they will become chewy and hard! We will cook them fully later on with the pasta sauce
- Chop the basil while you are waiting for the tomatoes to finish cooking and start boiling a pot of water for the angel hair with a dash of salt and olive oil
- Once the tomatoes are done, peel the skin off. It should come off very easily! Put a fry pan on medium heat with some olive oil and a little more garlic. Add the tomatoes and juice and start mashing the tomatoes with tongs. It will not look too appetizing at this point, but don’t worry!
- Once your water boils, add your pasta and boil al dente (not completely cooked)
- After simmering the tomato sauce for a couple minutes, add the chopped basil and shrimp and let it boil. You should taste it at this point and add salt or pepper.
- Add the noodles to the pan and coat with the sauce
- Serve! You can also add some parmesan when you are about to eat
- ENJOY! And let me know how it goes 🙂