This is another way you can cook brussels sprouts. The buttery and lemony flavors go so well with the sprouts. It’s easy and quick to make, so I hope you give it a try!
- brussels sprouts (as many as you want!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 lemon (depending on how sour you want it)
- cayenne pepper (OPTIONAL)
- Cut the knob off the end of the brussels sprout and cut into quarters (The knob of the brussels sprout is what makes them so bitter)
- Put them into a pan and season with a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and IF YOU WANT, cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper gives the dish a nice KICK of flavor.
- Toss to distribute the spices and place a lump of butter in the middle of the pan. Start cooking over medium heat and squeeze your lemon juice directly into the pan as it is cooking
- Make sure you cook the brussels sprouts until they are soft and browning slightly. Undercooked brussels sprouts do not taste good, as you may have seen in my last brussels sprouts post!
- ENJOY! 🙂