Hello!! I hope you are having a wonderful day so far! 🙂
This is a recipe for a bok choy side dish made with red pepper paste and soy bean paste. I know that these are quite unique ingredients, but they can easily be found at any Korean grocery store.
Before making this dish, I had never cooked with bok choy before so I was a little worried that it would not turn out well. It was DEEELICIOUS! Crunchy and an explosion of different flavors in my mouth. I think it would be great to eat with rice or any main meal for that extra flavor punch. Give this a try!
Because the bok choy is blanched in this dish, make sure you buy much more than you think you will need. You can see how much it shrank in the pictures.
INGREDIENTS: **Change up the ingredients to your liking :)**
- 4 bok choy (more if you are using the small kind)
- 1 tbs red pepper paste
- 2 tbs soy bean paste (Korean kind)
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Boil a pot of water
- Cut off the ends of the bok choy and wash each leaf
- Cut the bigger leaves in half or thirds
- Blanch the bok choy for 1 minute and 30 seconds. No more and no less! (I blanched the bok choy for over 2 minutes the first time because it didn’t look “blanched” enough, and it turned out mushy)
- Rinse under cold water and SQUEEZE out as much of the water as you can from the bok choy
- Mix together the red pepper paste, soy bean paste, garlic, green onion, sesame oil, sugar, honey and vinegar
- Mix into the bok choy
- ENJOY! 🙂