Hi everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful day so far! 🙂
This snack is SO easy to make and it is very very delicious! My mom initially made this as a healthy treat for my dog, and this is, BY FAR, his favorite snack. Nothing store bought can top these sweet potatoes for baby Rhino.
Not only is it a great treat for dogs, but it’s delicious for humans too! I normally don’t like sweet potatoes, but the baking process makes these taste so delicious and crunchy. If you haven’t tried baked potato chips before, or you want a healthy snack to munch on when you’re hungry, GIVE THIS A TRY! You don’t need many ingredients to make this, and it’s budget friendly as well! If you’re still not convinced, read on!
Health benefits of sweet potatoes:
- Snacking on sweet potato keeps the skin clear, smooth and young due to its high beta carotene content.
- The high fiber content makes them a slow calorie burner (no need to feel guilty about snacking!)
- The high potassium content benefits by lowering the blood pressure and maintaining the electrolyte balance.
- They provide excellent anti inflammatory benefits including lowering inflammations of the brain and nerve tissue.
- Lower levels of stress.
- There are so many more benefits, but I won’t type them all out. If you are interested in reading all of the other health benefits of eating sweet potatoes, click here.
- 2 Sweet potatoes or as many as you want (I used Korean Sweet potatoes, but you can use the sweet potato that you like)
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- Other optional ingredients: salt, pepper (I don’t use any seasoning)
- THAT’S IT!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash your sweet potatoes and peel off any rotten spots. Do not peel the skin off because it has lots of nutrients in the skin!
- Slice your sweet potatoes into 1mm slices and try to keep all the slices as even as possible. A mandolin is GREAT if you have one
- Rinse your sliced sweet potatoes in cold water 4 to 5 times
- Drain, and pat each slice dry. You can lay out a couple layers of paper towels and blot them all off at once to save time. Make sure each one is dry
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil and toss so that the sweet potato slices are covered in oil. You do not want too much oil
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. They will be very soft when you take them out of the oven.
- Flip each one over and put back in the over for 10-20 minutes, depending on your oven. (my oven is REALLY old and it takes a lot longer for them to bake)
- Bake until each slice is browned and crisp. Some may brown faster than others, so take them out individually when they are fully dry and no longer soft
- Let cool