Like I mentioned in my last post, I have extremely oily hair. I have tried using sulfate-free shampoos to lessen the irritation on my scalp to make my hair less oily, but so far, none of them have worked. I started using Pravana Hydrating Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and found that my hair was getting even oilier than before. When I took a shower before going to sleep, I would wake up with oily hair. It was ridiculous!
Fast forward to my birthday! My cousin got me a LUSH bar shampoo that I had been wanting that controls oil. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I’m finally ready to review it.
- Smells nice and clean!– The citrusy/lavender/rosemary scent gives you a clean feeling.
- Super soft and lightweight bar– The soap is so soft and lightweight. I find that most bar soaps are quite dense, but this one doesn’t feel like a heavy chuck of soap.
- Suds REALLY well– I have no problem making suds with this soap and a little product goes a long way.
- Controls the oil for about 24 hours!– Compared to my usual oiliness, 24 hours is actually really good for me.
- Portable– I love that I don’t have to buy a separate bottle to take this shampoo around. You could put it in a ziplock bag and you’re ready to go!
- Super drying for the rest of my hair- The lower part of my hair never looked frizzier, especially when I fall asleep before my hair completely dries.
- Makes my hair tangle because of dryness- Throughout the day, I have noticed that my hair tangles into a nest much more than usual. I can usually tame the tangling with some hair serum for the lower part of my hair.
FINAL VERDICT: If you have an oily scalp, this is definitely the product for you. Make sure you condition your hair really well!
How to use it: Wet hair and shampoo bar. Run the bar through your hair a few times, then massage scalp and hair. Rinse out. You can also check out this video.
Make sure your soap has time to dry in between uses! I bought a soap dish from Daiso that has been working really well.
Click here to see how it’s made!