Welcome to flu season! Nose blowing, coughing, difficulty breathing, sore throats, and fevers…oh isn’t it so lovely…
I haven’t written in awhile because 1) I was really sick for the past week+, and 2) I didn’t make anything that I especially wanted to post. But here I am again with a SUPER simple recipe!
This tea can be made as an iced tea or a hot tea. It’s good as a cold remedy or even for sore throats. You don’t have to be sick to drink this though! It also helps with digestion, clears your skin, and acts as a detox to cleanse your insides. And best of all, this tea is so delicious and easy!
You can also use the lemon peels with a drop of honey on it to massage your face in the shower. It can clear acne and make your skin nice and soft! 🙂
INGREDIENTS: 1 serving
- Cup (however big your want)
- 1 lemon (or half)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- (OPTIONAL: USE WHEN SICK)- 3 to 4 very thin slices of ginger
- Squeeze out a whole lemon into a cup using a sieve or taking out the seeds after you are done squeezing. Many recipes call for just a tablespoon or so of lemon juice, but using a whole lemon makes the flavor much stronger. If you don’t want it too sour, use half of a lemon
- Add in hot or room temperature water (a regular cup size works well) and add in your honey
- Mix well with a spoon until the honey is dissolved into the tea
- If you want, add in your slices of ginger
- You can put in slices of lemon peels to make the drink look nicer, but MAKE SURE you wash your lemon well because the waxes and pesticides on the lemon peel can be bad for you!